Matthew 7

Yesterday in our Monday morning devotions as a school staff, Ms. Schlechte gave the message. Her topic was Jesus is Enough. As I was reading Matthew 7, I could not help but tie her devotion into the reading. The attitude of our heart reflects whether we trust that Jesus is enough for us.

* Is my focus loving others or judging them instead?
* Do I treat people the way I long for them to treat me?
* Do my words and my actions match?
* What areas of my life don't lead to Christ being the focus?
* Am I building my life on things that have no eternal value or things that will last for all eternity?

"Jesus is the supreme treasure, our greatest joy, the reward of the Gospel, He satisfies our deepest needs, is more than all we could ever desire or need, the source of our identity and hope, in Him we have everything. Jesus is enough." ~ Alaine Schlechte (based on a summer sermon she heard)

Phil. 3:7-8, But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John 1

Matthew 25

Luke 22