Matthew 12

Jesus' words have a way of piercing the soul. As with every chapter there are so many truths, several that stand out to me are the following:

* In the Old Testament God's requirement to His people was to love Him with their whole heart, soul, mind and strength. Sacrifices were a way God gave them to show their love for Him. Over time the people continued the outward sacrifices, but began worshiping and loving other gods more. "I desire mercy not sacrifice." The question I have to ask myself is, "Are my actions about a show or do I worship God because I love Him more than anything?"

* Do my words and my actions match? What fruits are my life producing? The fruits of God's Spirit are: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Gal. 5). If these are not seen in someone who claims to be a follower of Jesus Christ (the majority of the time) who is truly leading them?

Dear Heavenly Father, let our lives reflect You. Thank you for loving us and always drawing us into deeper relationship with You. You deserve all glory, honor and worship! In Jesus' name, Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John 1

Matthew 25

Luke 22