Matthew 22

"Teacher," they said, "we know that you are a man of integrity... You aren't swayed by others." I don't think the religious leaders were trying to be nice when they were saying these words, but people could not help but notice that Jesus was a man of conviction. He cared more about what His Father thought of him than what people thought. He had a plan and he acted, taught and lived his life with purpose.

The religious leaders tried to trap him with a question to which they believed he would not be able to answer, "What is the greatest commandment?" His answer summarized the entire law with two statements, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself." 1) Love God 2) Love Others

Questions for today:

1. Am I filled with integrity as I live a purpose-filled life following God?

2. Do I care more about what God thinks of me or what others think of me?

2. Does my life reflect that I love God and others?

Dear Heavenly Father, teach us to live purpose-filled lives that reflect Your love to the world. Let our lives point people to You! In the powerful name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Matthew 22

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John 1

Matthew 25

Luke 22