Mark 4

Just like Matthew, Mark also records some of the short stories (parables) that Jesus taught.

* The Farmer (who planted seeds on four different types of soil)
* The Lamp
* The Growing Seeds
* The Mustard Seed

The area in which Jesus ministered

Mustard seeds












Mustard plants


As Jesus told these stories to the people, they would  have been able to visualize what Jesus was talking about. All of these were ordinary things they knew about or dealt with on a regular basis. 

Even though the people heard the stories, they really didn't take the deeper meaning of them to heart.

I know I've been singing "This Little Light of Mine" since I can remember, but singing and living it are two very different things! Do people see the evidence of Jesus living in us?

In the story of the farmer who planted seeds on the four different types of soil, I always pray that the "soil of my heart" will be good soil. I don't just want to hear good messages or read inspiring passages of scripture and then go away and follow my own desires or fears. 

Dear Heavenly Father, let our lives be filled with good soil; may our roots in Your truth grow deep and wide. Please direct us as we worship You and help others follow You as well! In the powerful name of Jesus who even the winds and waves obey, Amen.



Although this video is designed for kids, I can't help but sing along! : )




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John 1

Matthew 25

Luke 22