Invitation to Read Through the New Testament

Hi Salem Family,

I'm so excited to invite you to join me in reading through the New Testament this school year. I'm going to start with Matthew 1 on Wednesday, August 22 and by reading one chapter each day, seven days a week, I will finish reading in early May.

I am a firm believer that the Bible and what it teaches changes people's lives. I am also a firm believer that the Old Testament is just as important as the New Testament and gives us a solid foundation for our faith. Throughout the year, I'll add some commentary as to how the New Testament ties back to the Old Testament.

If you choose to take on the challenge, not only can you read the New Testament you can also listen to a chapter each day. Bible Gateway is a great place to go online or YouVersion Bible App for your mobile device to be able to read and/or listen. Feel free to read or listen in the version of the Bible that you are used to or find one that isn't so familiar. My personal favorite translations are: NIV, ESV, NKJV and the NLT.

Whether you are in a Bible Study, have not read through the New Testament in a long time, never read through the New Testament completely, or never really read the Bible that's okay - this challenge is for everyone! Join me in letting God's Word be a part of each day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John 1

Luke 22